cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Site plan

Hi there. Can you please help me with fixing this large site plan on an A3 page for publishing? It's a lot larger than the  A3 layout book.

Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

If you need it at a particular scale, then you have no choice except to choose a larger layout page.

But if you are happy to reduce the scale then you can set a smaller scale in the view settings.

You may have to adjust the text to suit the new scale.

If it is a DXF or DWG file then you can set the translator to the scale you want it to be readable at and then place the site plan with the drawing tool using that translator.

Or (and I don't like to do this personally), place the view as a drawing on the layout and then adjust the scale of the drawing - your text may become unreadable though.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. I typically use a 1:200 scale for my site plans. Is it necessary, such as 1:300, for the site plan? Which approach would be simpler? 😁 

1:200 is a typical scale for a site plan and this is the scale most authorities will require.

If it is just too large at that scale and you are only building in a small area, then nominate the building area with a rectangle or fill.

Place the site DWG/DXF twice, once at 1:500 scale or 1:1000 scale as a locality plan showing the entire site and this rectangular area - save a view of that.

Then you would still do a 1:200 site plan but cut the excess site off around the rectangular building area and basically treat it as a smaller site - save another view of that.

On your layouts you will show both the locality plan and the cut down site plan views (drawings).

Both should fit on your A3 page (although you may need a page for both depending on their actual size).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry. I'll give it a try to see how it goes.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!