Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

SketchUp!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody knows if theres a plug-in for sketchup 4 to archicad 8.1? or for the new version archicad 9.0?

Edgar G:.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edgar G, I asked Last Software this question at the beginning of the month; their reply:

They are working on an ArchiCAD plugin for SketchUp 4.0, but its not done and unfortunately they don't have a timeline for it either.

I believe ArchiCad users of SketchUp should make their wishes known to the developer.

BTW, where is Starkville?

bps
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks brian, i wish they come up with a plugin pretty soon since a have a lot of models i have to convert, and the plugin for 3.0 really doesnt work right, oh! and starkville is in Mississippi, im from Peru though
Dave Jochum
Advocate
My typical workflow starts by hand sketching in plan and working in 3D with SU side-by-side. Once I have the plan, massing, and forms worked out, I switch over to AC. I love the speed that I can work in with SU--not quite as fast as hand sketching in 3D, but much more powerful and therefor speedy in the long run. I have never seen the benefit of a conduit from SU to AC. I work to the nearest foot (or so) in SU and to 1/16" in AC. SU can be sloppy like hand sketching--that's what makes it so efficient to work with. Converting a sloppy SU model to a precision AC model takes more time than simply creating the AC model from scratch, and wasting the time to create a precision SU model defeats my reason for using SU. Can anyone share experiences of benefiting from SU to AC conversion?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)