Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Skylight settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all engaged in modeling by ArchiCAD.

I am eager to master ArchiCAD and go into every detail in respect of it.
Recently I stumbled over one point in Skylight settings: mirror object across the rotation angle vector (it is a hint that pop up under the approach of the arrow to the place under the setting of rotation angle value). It beats me how does it operate? I tried to mirror the skylight under 45 degree angle and I did not understand the result! The mirrored skylight was under the roof! What does it mean? Please, clarify this matter for me! What does “mirror object across the rotation angle vector” signify and what is to be expected as the following result? Thanks a lot!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the US version the help tag says "Mirror Library Part" in the settings dialog and "Flip and Rotation" in the info palette. In any case it has no effect on the skylight I used to test it. The short answer is "if it doesn't do something useful, don't use it."
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If I understand you correctly you are using the pet palette option to mirror. This is a standard element edit that is generally applied to all elements. Skylights, however, are different. The rule with skylights is that they will always orientate themselves with the slope of the roof. So even if you apply a mirror rotate or even a simple rotate to them, they will always correct themselves. You can't even change the angle of them in the Skylight Settings dialog.

Good luck with your ArchiCAD mastering.

Cheers,
Link.