cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Solid Element Operations Error....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!I have a problem:
When I use solid element operations to trim a wall to a stair it won't work.
I use AC 14 and i have a new stair built by me.It worked a while, but today it didn't worked...and i don't know why....I simply press execute and nothing happens....
With other stairs it works but not with mine....
Check the image for further details.
Help Me Please...

df.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look's like i'm lucky
The problem was solved by increasing the offset of the upper winder.
[The Offset was zero.Set by me.Now it's 0.010 and i have 2 stairs on the upper windet instead of 1]
Check the image, please.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You've discovered an unfortunate limitation in StairMaker. It doesn't work with a zero offset winder. It is a tricky thing to build but they do exist.
Anonymous
Not applicable
One way you might be able to hack this is to duplicate the stair that works and drop it in the same place as the original. Modify it so it will cut the wall. Perform the SEO on the modded stair and the wall. Put the modded stair on an operator layer that stays hidden. Keep your working stair visible and it should look right.
I don't understand why people even try to use the stair maker.
Do you ever get it to look exactly like you want it?
Just model it!

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25