Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sometimes, when i try to orbit by pressing Shift+Middle Mouse Button, my camera restores its view.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It happens really frequently too. I'll go about my business, orbiting and panning with the middle mouse button + shift, and then suddenly, i'm teleported to the "restore view" view, in the model space, and i have to find my way back to where i were.

I've found a way to replicate it. Try going into 3D view, and orbit around a bit, and delete something. Now, hold shift and press middle-mousebutton. You should be teleported back to the "restore view"-view.
12 REPLIES 12
Barry Kelly
I only have the full commercial version, but the EDU is exactly the same software, it is just the licence type that is different.

Maybe (and I am just guessing here) Archicad is not optimised for the different trackpads on all the different laptops.
I can use two fingers up and down to zoom.
If I turn the 'zoom' gesture on in the settings I can also use a two finger pinch to zoom, which it does, but the cursor turns into the scissor (cut) icon while I am doing it.
Turn the zoom gesture off again and I can no longer pinch but I don't get the cursor change either.

What laptop do you have - maybe someone else here has the same.
Mine is the Dell 3510 in my signature.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have time to make a video of it right now, sorry. But i tried to make a new file, and it still happened, though i just found that it only happens when a 3D cutaway plane is active.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I only have the full commercial version, but the EDU is exactly the same software, it is just the licence type that is different.

Maybe (and I am just guessing here) Archicad is not optimised for the different trackpads on all the different laptops.
I can use two fingers up and down to zoom.
If I turn the 'zoom' gesture on in the settings I can also use a two finger pinch to zoom, which it does, but the cursor turns into the scissor (cut) icon while I am doing it.
Turn the zoom gesture off again and I can no longer pinch but I don't get the cursor change either.

What laptop do you have - maybe someone else here has the same.
Mine is the Dell 3510 in my signature.

Barry.

Barry, thanks for the advice, but really, i am 99% sure that this has nothing to do with my trackpad. As i said, i've tried this with multiple devices of input, and even disabled all other inputs when i used each one.