cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Special Menu in AC 16

kevin b
Contributor
I posted this elsewhere as it was the last thread I found that addressed the Special Menu but here seems like a better place.

Has anyone been able to activate the Special Menu in AC16 on a Mac? Turned it on in the.plist file (changed it to True) but it still does not show up in the WE to turn the menu on. All Menus in Alphabetical Order goes from Settings to Special Snap Options.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Tried to reproduce and had me stumped, too... not in "All/Alphabetical" which seems weird ... but see attached: it's there under "All by theme".

Cheers,
Karl
Screen Shot 2012-07-12 at 3.24.07 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Can we clarify exactly how to get the Special Menu up? I had to actually enter "Special" under the New Menu command to activate the Special Menu items. Is this right or is there a simpler way?
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
You have to have a menu (not the list of menus) displayed on the right side of the dialog (current menu structure) to be able to add commands. So, yes, if you want a menu called "Special", you have to first create a new menu in your active menu sturcutre ... then locate the Special group in the left group of all available commands ... and finally copy the special commands into your new Special menu.

Whew, eh?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB