Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Spell Checker - how to set a dictionary?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I point the location of the dictionary for the Spell Checker in AC if MSWord is not installed in the default directory?

According to the Help AC searches for dictionaries in the default installation directory for MS Office (C;/Program files/ ...). I cannot find a way to show it the new destiation.
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
A print-screen with the Spell Checker window message:
Spellchecker.gif
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eye don,t knead spill chequer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest, the ArchiCAD spell checker has never worked properly for me, and I have Word 2007 installed in the default location! It starts scanning, gets to 298/758, then comes up with the same error message.

I can confirm that the application path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

and that CUSTOM.DIC is found in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Application Data\Microsoft\UProof

Does spellcheck work for anyone? If so, what version of Word do you have installed, and what is the application path?

(and yes, it would seem to be an simple and obvious solution to be able to point ArchiCAD to another folder if Word isn't installed in the default place!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter wrote:
Does spellcheck work for anyone?
It works great for Mac users - it's built into the system. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Peter wrote:
It works great for Mac users - it's built into the system. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
You show-off! Next you'll be telling me that you can produce PDFs without any extra software!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Peter wrote:
Do you have to switch it on somewhere, 'cos I don't see it? (Works in Safari, for example, but I get no feedback in AC)
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Matthew wrote:
Peter wrote:
Do you have to switch it on somewhere, 'cos I don't see it? (Works in Safari, for example, but I get no feedback in AC)
It's been so long I don't recall. Probably a switch somewhere in the Work Environment settings.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
s2art wrote:
/......Do you have to switch it on somewhere, 'cos I don't see it? /....
When you get to 14 see attached Stuart
Been toooooo long since I've opened 11
and cannot remember if in fact it was there in 11.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been contacted by Graphisoft about this issue and they assured me they were working on it! Fingers crossed!