Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Splitting polywalls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

this is my first topic so correct me if I do anything wrong!

I have a problem with polywalls. I made a building that consists of a surrounding wall that i made with a polywall. Now the design has changed and I dont want to have the polywall anymore but the windows and door have that much detail in it that doing it all over is massive work because only the material height and length of certain segments of that wall have to be changed. Is there any other way around deleting it all and doing it all over?

Appreciate the help.

Regards Wouter
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
I think you may have answered your own question with your topic title.
Try splitting the wall with the Split tool (icon looks like a little red axe) so you can isolate the portions that you want to modify.
This won't effect the existing doors and windows.
It will still be a polywall but it will at least be in manageble chunks.

But once a wall is a polywall then it has to stay a polywall as far as I know.
You can't convert back to a standard composite wall that I am aware of.
You can only go from a composite to a polywall (not back the other way).

Don't forget you can also use the eyedropper to aquire all the properties of a door or window and then place that door/window into a new wall so at least you don't have to figure out all the settings.

The moral of the story is don't use polywalls for regular walls unless you really really have to.
I have never used one yet!

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK, polywall is just a construction method. Try ungrouping, or suspend groups, to edit each wall individually. Or, as barry suggested, use the split command to divide a single length of wall into multiple unique walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both for the replies! I've solved my problem now by ungrouping! Still thanks for the tip on splitting the walls!

Really appreciate your help!