cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Staggered Horizontal 3D Cutaway?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm trying to create axonometric plans of my building, however the building is staggered down a slope, so I want to be able to cut each story in the same image.
I want to be able to create the cut in 3D axo view and then create a 3D document from it.
The 3D cutaway tool only seems to be able to register a single, straight, cut line so i was wondering if there was another way to do it?

The horizontal section would look something like this:
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can use the marquee tool. Draw the marquee through the building where you want it cut and then enclose the portion of the rest of the building and site.
View in 3D. If you like this, save it as a view and then you it will be available in the future as the design progresses.
From the 3D window you can create the 3D view; again, save it as a view so it is available in future.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
If i go into section or a side axo view to try and use the marquee tool it wont let me draw it. What view do I need to draw the marquee in?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Posho91 wrote:
If i go into section or a side axo view to try and use the marquee tool it wont let me draw it. What view do I need to draw the marquee in?
The Plan view.

Another approach if the cuts are to be at different levels is to use Solid Element Operations (SEO). Place slabs where you want the cuts, use the slabs as Operators and the model as Targets. Then place the slabs on a hidden layer (do not delete the slabs). The slabs can be moved and resized to refine the cuts.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David, didn't think of that, seems like the best option really.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!