Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stairmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am trying to create a somewhat special stair with the stairmaker, but a window pops up saying "cannot generate stair with this line of travel". I have no idea what I have to do to make it work.

Capture.JPG
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
The line of travel MUST be made with LINES segments ONLY (in yours case 4), not with Polylines tool!!
And delete those 2 angled lines on the end.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Cannot....." message is caused by second segment of the travel line (arc).
Change it to the straight line.
Stair maker_04.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx a lot, the arc was the problem indeed!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am trying to make a different type of staircase and also get the "cannot generate stairs with this line of travel". However, in my case it is not possible not to use an arc in the line of travel, as it needs to be two stretches of straight steps, connected by 90 degrees of winding steps.

This is for a renovation project, and I'm virtually recreating an existing staircase. Therefore I have no artistic license to make the stairs work in a way that suits the software.

I use Archicad 16
Schermafbeelding 2013-08-09 om 11.10.54.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
The line of travel is made by 2 Lines and 1 Arc??
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried with: line-arc-line
I also tried with: Line-7lines(used as segments)-Line
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is what I get with AC16:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Where I run into problems is how to get that cut line off the stairs. I have 3 risers on a stair and I don't need that cut line but I can not figure out how to make it go away.

Not the real breakline, the one that you can adjust in the preview window. It shows up in my finished stair I built.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit the Stair and select Type 7 to get rid off the break line.