cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stretching roof pivot lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm experimenting using AC15, and when trying to stretch a roof pivot line and inputting the dimension, it will not stretch the dimension that I input. This technique will work in the 3D window however. Can I get someone else to confirm this or is it just me?
15 REPLIES 15
rjwilden
Booster
It is clearer in the 3D Window (but can be done in 2D). Select one of the Roofs, right-click and select Connect > Trim Elements to Roof/Shell, click on the other Roof you want to trim to, then select the part of the 1st Roof you want to keep. It is similar to SEO, but with automatically correct 2D display if your Preference is set correctly (see my previous post). The elements are not combined into one, but behave as SEO. You could always Group them to tie them together. This is a new command that users will need to play with to understand its full use.

David

Yes your right. The Multi-plane roof is retained. There are minor problems occurring when making changes to the mutli-plane roof pitch and pivot height and some adjustment req to the lean too, to make it work, but I guess I can live with that. Thanks for the tip.

Richard.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Is there an answer to the original question? I am having the same problem. I have to draw a line a set distance, then stretch the roof to the line to be accurate.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Millard wrote:
I'm experimenting using AC15, and when trying to stretch a roof pivot line and inputting the dimension, it will not stretch the dimension that I input. This technique will work in the 3D window however. Can I get someone else to confirm this or is it just me?
Has this been reported as a bug? I'm still having problems-can't stretch with accuracy. I still have to draw a line and stretch to the endpoint.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Barry Kelly
Just wanted to resurrect the original question in this post (after nearly 2 years).

When stretching the pivot line or even the edge of a multi-plane roof in 15 or 16 it does not go to the distance set in the tracker.
Instead it moves to wherever the mouse cursor is placed and oddly enough the cursor moves to the desired distance when you press enter.

It seems to work fine in 3D as someone else mentioned before.
Are others having this problem and is there a solution?
Latest hotfixes do nothing.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
My solution/work-around is hitting tab once after entering the distance (moving to another field in the tracker), this gets the proper result.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Excellent - thanks Erwin.
That works.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10