Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surfaces wigging out when navagating in open GL

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm Modeling 2 x 2 veneer tiles and am experiencing erratic surface rendering behavior in open GL. Have always had this problem when moving around in Open GL and have had to adjust the view in order to capture a place where most of the surfaces look correct, esp. when I have a TV with a jpg image on the screen.

Does anyone know what I am talking about here, or is it my graphics card or something?

Is there a setting somewhere that will mitigate this problem?

Best to all!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point about the graphics drivers it's been over 3 years.

The face of the tiles are 1.5" away from the wall and I am not simulating the grout on this job.

My library situation is a mess, probably need professional help with this
some day, It's a mish mash of libraries going back to archicad 8 I think.

Here is a marque view of the same area and it's even worse.

I'm going to look up my graphics card on Nvidia website for drivers.

Best

Karl wrote:
Assuming you're on 15 (your signature) - the Plasma TV 15 displays the picture fine for me; rock solid.

If you're using that same library part... and the image on screen is from setting the parameter for 'use custom picture', then try copying just that part into a fresh/empty file and see how it behaves. Pull your tiles away from the wall ... or since you said in the other thread that they are on their own story, select only the tiles (not your grout plane) and see what happens.

You might have some weird stuff far away in space? If you marquee just the area shown in your screenshot and view that in 3D, does the problem continue?

Also: Your graphics drivers are up to date from the manufacturer's web site?

marque view - Copy.jpg

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!