Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Survey - What Screen Resolution Do You Use?

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is a quick survey to see what ArchiCAD users around the world set their screen resolutions to when using ArchiCAD. Please take a moment to respond.

To find the screen resolution of your PC: Right click on your desktop and select Properties. Then go to the Settings tab and read the number under Screen resolution.

To find the screen resolution of your Mac: Go to Apple Menu>System Preferences...>Displays and read the highlighted screen resolution.

If you use a resolution that is not listed, please feel free to specify it in a post. If you use multiple monitors, please feel free to add those too.

Thanks for your time!

Cheers,
Link.

PS. Go easy - I'm a poll virgin!
76 REPLIES 76
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, I'll have a look at it
Anonymous
Not applicable
3 x 17" screens at 1280x1024 each = 3840 x 1024.
I use AC over 2+1/3 screens.
The remaining 2 thirds of one screen is a browser for help, or email, etc.
Would never go back to single screen layout
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm kind of new at this, could someone explain how do you use more than one monitor? Is the picture divided? Do you have a photo of these monitors working, sou I could get an idea?

Thanks
Dwight
Newcomer
If you have the video power to drive two displays and set them up with your system normally, in Mac, you simply place windows wherever you wish.

In Windows, where Archicad is somewhat more constrained, do not maximize the Archicad Window, merely stretch a non-maximized window to cover the two displays.

As for procedure, users often foolishly think that they will use one display for their plan and the other display for their 3D views, etc, but to be productive requires being more fluid in approach - not always the same setup each day or hour. For instance, I often have long site sections that fit nicely along the bottom of my 30" display. I find that the plan window is of declining import as i work more in 3D, so i like many small windows rather than one dominant plan view. You always adapt to the proportion of the views you are involved with.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
1920 x 1200 !
R Muller
Enthusiast
I use a MacBook Pro laptop (1440 x 900) with an external Samsung monitor (1600 x 1200). I bought two external monitors, so I keep one at work and one at home.

I put the laptop on my desk, with the screen open and leaning back a bit, to make it perpendicular to my angle of view. The Samsung monitor base sits on a book, with the monitor at its highest position, which is just enough to put the bottom of the monitor above my laptop screen. So my two screens are vertically oriented, one above the other, rather than side by side.

I have set up 3 different profile schemes: one for use with the monitor, one for using the laptop by itself, and the third for when I am using ArchiCAD while connected to a projector. When working with the monitor, I keep most of the toolbars and palettes on my laptop screen, with just the toolbar and info box vertically oriented on the large screen.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
The higher resolutions are the nicest- anything above sxga/wsxga+

I use a 17" @ 1920x1200 on the laptop, and will use two or three 19-24" 1680x1050's at work eventually, or perhaps one 19-24" 1680x1050 flanked by two slower/faster 19" @ 1280X1024's. (one for rendering/3d window and tools on the other smaller one). I find that nothing compares to the 1920x1200 laptop rez though- everything fits and I can work reclined in an easy chair most of the time with the laptop close.

Saving window states in custom profiles is a nice touch. I wish all apps had this feature built in without reverting to 3rd party separate apps/software!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Because I could.
[/img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archi wrote:
I suggest Ati Fire Gl X2 256T 256MB.
I am sorry I forgot to answer on time!
I bought a NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT, it has 512 GDDR3 RAM.
But it seems AC is not very much impressed by it! Probably it cannot use its full potential!:)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Apple Cinema Display 23" @ 1920 x 1200
Laptop 17" @ 1920 x 1200