Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Symbol fills not fitting to skins in wall ends

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just taken a model into AC14 and updated some composite structure walls to show proper symbol fill insulation instead of that crappy batt insulation fill. The insulation symbol fill is set to fit to skin and is working very well everywhere. The only problem areas are in wall ends (Returned end). The insulation symbol fill does not fit to the skin of the wall or, as it should, perpendicularly to the wall. See attached screenshot.

Is there a way of fixing this that I have missed? It would be a shame if I have to start patching or using the insulfib object when it is working so beautifully everywhere else.

Screen shot 2010-07-20 at 11.13.37.png
4 REPLIES 4
Bruce
Advisor
No idea what the problem is, but try giving it a 'kick' by placing the wall end object again.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope. So I take it this a known bug with no fix? Hopefully it will be resolved by ArchiCAD 19?
Bruce
Advisor
Heh heh.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is still not fixed on AC19.