Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

THE CEILING_ROOF DEAL

Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel like I've maxxed out my understanding here.
I have two images, which I believe I have to send as two posts.
So here's the first:
This is a slab I am attempting to intersect with the roof.
the Left side I used the "trim to roof" command. Not what I want.
the Right side I SEOd by copying up the roof slab and using it to trim off the end of the ceiling. A bit of a chore, felt clumsy, and also not the result I want.
So...I'll do the next one...
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Part two:
Here I used a roof with 0 slope.
The left side is the sorry result of the command-click operation. The right side demonstrates I have no other ideas, and let it be.
I'm aiming for a seamless cleanup, like I have on all the other bits.
Thanks...!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Part two:
Here I used a roof with 0 slope.
The left side is the sorry result of the command-click operation. The right side demonstrates I have no other ideas, and let it be.
I'm aiming for a seamless cleanup, like I have on all the other bits.
Thanks...!
ceiling-roof.jpg
__archiben
Booster
there shouldn't be a problem. the following is done with SEO's all the way (walls>roofs and slab>roofs). i used 'subtraction with upwards extrusion.

one question: are you performing these operations in the section window? and if so, are you actually rebuilding the model after your SEO's? (try doing it in the 3D window (marquee a 'sectional' area through the building) - it's much easier!)

~/archiben
cleanUp.jpg
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is pretty satisfying, I must say. Hopefully, even more so for you, rescuing me from a well such as that. UPWARD EXTRUSION! Of course. Thank you for such a straightforward explanation, and the marquee hint. All is now again at peace in one small corner of the universe.