Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Text Arrow Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please Look:
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Hi Cole,

Just mirror it.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
mirroring is a good solution.. the arrow is always on the side the text is aligned to...right alignment right side arrow, left...
-kay
TomWaltz
Participant
Cole_Construction wrote:
Please Look:.
Repeat after me: "The Label Tool is not for placing text. It is for placing Label Objects"

It excels at placing objects which call out element ID's. It's not a text tool, and behaves terribly if you try to use it as one.

You will get much better results if you place your text, then use a polyline with an arrowhead on the end to draw a leader.

I blame Graphisoft, since their icon is VERY misleading
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
HEHE, thanks guys.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually we use the leader text (as I like to call it) for all sorts of noting on plans and sections. I'm not sure what happened, but in our template file the leader text works fine with a left arrow, but when I opened a new and reset file I could not place a correct left arrow. There must be a setting somewhere that controls this.
Did you uncheck "Fix Angle" under the Default settings? Try that.

I like the label tool for text, because you can "eyedropper" the text block. (Unfortunately, can't "syringe" it, though, and have the text itself applied.) Very handy with holddown notations, for example, or other repetitive notes. Also, you can have any number of predefined text blocks in Favorites with this tool.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Aussie John
Newcomer
I always use the label tool for text annotation. It might not be as elegant but it sure is much faster and convenient. You can even select two labels and edit both at the same time in the dialog box. You can use the align command to align the text too. Wins hands down as far as I am concerened.

There is nothing to stop you putting the arrow haed any where you like. Check the angle box if you have any problems.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Typical for the way this software devolves this label tool was good until it was screwed and now it picked it will not hold its shape

uhhh