Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Texture on custom column, random origin

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've made this custom column as you can see on the picture and saved it as an .gsm object.

How can I make the texture have random origin? As for now, all the columns looks exactly the same..

I have tried to tick the box "Random origin" under Materials, but no luck. Maybe I have to code something in the gsm script?

Columns.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody?

Is this impossible?

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Jevingen:

This will take some experimentation on your part to get the effect you are looking for. At the end of the description of the 3D shape in the 3D script add:

Base
Vert 0, 0, 0
Vert 1, 0, 0
Vert 0, 1, 0
Vert 0, 0, 1
Coor 3, -1, -2, -3, -4
Body –1

Check the GDL Reference Guide for the possible values for COOR, and you can change the values of the first VERT to distort the texture, but I cannot say which ones will work for your situation. You may then also need to add some random numbers for some of these values to get the effect you seek for variations between the columns. Some of these values may depend on whether each column is placed independently, or is referenced as a macro for parts of a larger object (the image looks like balusters to me).

HTH,

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14