Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

The battered wall issue including windows. freeform modeling

toofuerte
Contributor
I have looked in here to find out how to do a battered type wall where the windows are placed on the battered wall. The extra add-on is not a great way to take care of the issue. I would like to be able to create a wall and specify an angle that it is placed at and add windows to create the look that can be attained in real construction.
With out this ability we are forced to look somewhere else for ways to accomplish this task that could take longer than it should, since one of the great things about the software is the speed and ease of creating forms.
I have read about using the 3D editing, the battered wall on the extras menu, but still non of these accomplish what I know besides my self would like to have. I guess this can be added to the wish list.
Gerald Acton "Gary"
Acton Design Services
Windows 10 PRO 64 bit
i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram
AC 19 - AC 28
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gary,
I too would like this feature: where you can assign the degree of batter and the wall remains the same thickness throughout (NOT wider at the bottom; NOT a surface addition to the face), but a truely pitched wall.
Ron
If only wishing could make it so.
Dwight
Newcomer
WORKAROUND:

Since the wall tool of our dreams is not currently available, the tilt wall can be achieved using two roof elements and an SEO - one up and one down.
The wall stays active.
Since you are number 2: make it so!
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
toofuerte wrote:
I have looked in here to find out how to do a battered type wall where the windows are placed on the battered wall.
I did a building like this recently. To do it I created an object (called 'sculptwall slope') that inserts like a window and does the wall shaping for you. It also tells you how wide the wall needs to be if not thick enough to allow for the batter. Then I insert 'sloping window' into it so it is plane with the wall surface.

You can get these from objects online. I reckon the price saves your time cost in the first job.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!