Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

polygonal columns

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 2 questions:

1. How can I create polygonal shaped columns?
If I use 2 rectangular columns the separation line between the 2 columns will be visible, which is incorrect.
If I use a composite wall then there will be no separation line at all between the concrete fill and the empty fill of the brick wall.

2. Why there is no SEO interaction between slabs and walls?
Shouldn’t slabs cut in the walls?
[/img]

walls.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
zucoc wrote:
1. How can I create polygonal shaped columns?
If I use 2 rectangular columns the separation line between the 2 columns will be visible, which is incorrect.
If I use a composite wall then there will be no separation line at all between the concrete fill and the empty fill of the brick wall.

2. Why there is no SEO interaction between slabs and walls?
Shouldn’t slabs cut in the walls?

I think I understand what you are asking? See attached picture:

I used the polygonal wall tool for the column here and then did an SEO (subtracting the polygonal wall from the other two). But there are probably lots of other ways you could do this too.

You could have used a slab; there is SEO interaction between Slabs and walls. I'm not sure why you would think there was not?

Woody
polygonal wall.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You shouldn't even need to use a polygonal wall for this. Just a regular wall on a layer with a different layer intersection priority number.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You shouldn't even need to use a ploygonal wall for this. Just a regular wall on a layer with a different layer intersection priority number.
To wrote:
That method just doesn't cut it for someone as pure as myself mate.

Woody
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Using walls on layer with different intersection priority is not enough. As you can see in the picture you will then have no intersection between the outer skins. The correct result is achieved in Corel.

2. About the second question I wanted to say that there is no automatic substraction of the slab from the wall. For example when a beam or a column passes through a wall it cuts a hole in it. No SEO needed for that. Slabs should act the same way in my opinion.
Anonymous
Not applicable
columns and beams are automaticaly substracted from walls but slabs are not
walls2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
zucoc wrote:
columns and beams are automaticaly substracted from walls but slabs are not

Now I know what you are saying... You're right! But you can achieve what you want by using the polygonal wall as I suggested. You just have to also use the SEO.

Woody
polyWall.jpg