Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Trace Reference

Zdenko
Enthusiast

trace reference files not showing when i create a new view layout and can't seem to figure out why? do i need to place all of my elements in a dummy model view to show in layout view?

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

The drawing you place on a layout does not contain the trace reference if you have set one for the view you are using to place the drawing.

The trace reference needs to be set (placed) in the layout, just as you would for a view or view point.

The reference will be linked to the layout and not the drawings on the layout.

You can reposition the reference to overlay any of the drawings.

You can have only one reference on a layout, so if you have more than one drawing in that layout, you can only have a reference that suits one of those drawings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ricardo Lopez
Expert

Hi @Zdenko 

I cannot understand you very well... but just to remember:

"When you place a Drawing onto a Layout, the Drawing content will not include the Reference."

Also you can check if all your elements are visible on the trace reference:

RicardoLopez_0-1716327760815.png

And anyway you could review this, just in case we missed something: https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0#t=_AC27_Help%2F030_Interaction%2F...

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

you understood well, and will take a look at the link...

Sonoma 14.4.1

ok looking at the link it tells me i can reference but then it tells me i can't? i would like to show the first floor with the foundation as a reference in a layout so i can publish and send to other team members. am i to assume that ac is purely driven by layers and layer combinations?
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.16.21 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-30 at 11.16.39 AM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1
Solution

The drawing you place on a layout does not contain the trace reference if you have set one for the view you are using to place the drawing.

The trace reference needs to be set (placed) in the layout, just as you would for a view or view point.

The reference will be linked to the layout and not the drawings on the layout.

You can reposition the reference to overlay any of the drawings.

You can have only one reference on a layout, so if you have more than one drawing in that layout, you can only have a reference that suits one of those drawings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi @Ricardo Lopez, I have seen many of your answers to very difficult questions and the simple ones too. I hope to see the GSC promote you to true Guru status. Thank you very much for your insights, we all learn much from your answers.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

Hi @mthd 

Thank you very much for your comment, it means a lot to me. Improving my rank in GSC is not the main purpose of participating, but to learn from others and share how much or little I have learned so far, so users can get a better use of the tool.

Regards. 😉

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

thanks barry i need to chew on this for a bit to see how this works. i did give it a try, before posting, but obviously missing the work flow for it to be successful.

Sonoma 14.4.1