Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tracking lines have gone away

Anonymous
Not applicable
Follow me through this. I draw a wall vertical on my screen. I use the SHIFT key to ensure it stays vertical. Now I want to rotate it to 45 degrees. So I click on the wall, press CTRL-E, click on the rotate corner and swing around to the angle I want the wall to be at.

Now - in the past, a dashed orange line would show up, centered on the point on which I clicked on the wall, and it would give me options of 45, 30, 15 degrees, etc... A few days ago - maybe a week or more now, that line dissapeared. It's not gone completely however, if I zoom out, the dashed orange line is now based on the 'global' hotspot/coordinate.

I don't want this - I want it to base off where I click on the object to be rotated (or moved - or whatever) like it used to do. Does anyone have any idea how this may have been changed? I'm on AC 10 Build 1188 USA Full.

I have checked my work environment, tried to apply settings from when it worked correctly. I have rebooted, and checked every setting I can think of. Perhaps one of you have another setting you could suggest. This has really slowed down my work and it's driving me crazy.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
sirduncan

This selection in the tracker box should change it back.

Brian
Anonymous
Not applicable
My guess is you have turned off guildlines. Location depends on how you have your Work Environment set up but icon is triangle with blue dash line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your input. I'm not sure if this is the same as your suggestions, but I found the problem in the attached image. By changing these triangles, I am now getting my tracker lines from the last edited point (where I click my mouse).

Thank you for pointing out additional things to check - that did it. I hope this thread can help someone else too.