Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trying to access (file name) until you press Cancel

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm stuck in the accessing of a job. ArchiCAD can access all my other files, just not the one I need to work on.

This must be a somewhat common occurance? (Why else have that warning screen?) But it's new to me.

Advice anyone?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
I'm stuck in the accessing of a job. ArchiCAD can access all my other files, just not the one I need to work on.

This must be a somewhat common occurance? (Why else have that warning screen?) But it's new to me.

Advice anyone?
What warning screen? You really need to be more specific with this kind of request. You might be able to fix it by merging the troublesome file into a new one. This has the drawback of losing all your view sets and any 2D work in the sections (I'm not sure about the details - but I suspect that it won't come through either). If the project is not too far along this is not such a problem.

You might also try the .bpn (if you haven't already).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Warning screen was in the subject line of my post, ...to attract attention:

! Sign in process by Jay.

Started at: 5/8/06 7:40:20 PM

(Trying to access project until you press Cancel)

Cancel

-I've not grappled with this warning to date. I hope others have.

-Jay S.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jay wrote:
Warning screen was in the subject line of my post, ...to attract attention:

! Sign in process by Jay.

Started at: 5/8/06 7:40:20 PM

(Trying to access project until you press Cancel)

Cancel

-I've not grappled with this warning to date. I hope others have.

-Jay S.
It would have been useful to mention that you are trying to sign into a teamwork file.

The warning means that another user is accessing the file (in this case a sign in process). I assume that this is not true, which means that ArchiCAD crashed (or was shut down improperly) during the sign in process. If this is true then there is a lock file (.lck) in the same location as the .plp. Delete this file and access will be restored.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah hah.

Thank you. I shall go looking for that lock file, though I didn't see it last time I checked.

Sorry not to have mentioned the Teamwork aspect. Too many hours, too much coffee. Blurry mind at this point. I'd better wrap it up tonight.

-Jay S.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And you're right, ArchiCAD had crashed earlier. Forgot to mention that too.

-Jay S.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A good night's sleep is a great tonic. I hope to get one myself one of these days.

Cheers,
Matthew
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, I don't see the llk, or Lock File, in the same folder as the project that won't open. I'm attempting to Sign In to a teamwork file of which I've been the Team Leader. ArchiCAD crashed during a particularly spectacular bit of speedy drafting I was doing. Now file won't open and there's no bpn, nor a lock file.

Tomorrow somebody else may be able to access the project from a different angle, ...else we're in deep UnoWhat. The last backup is an old version.

I should have gone home at 7:39:20 PM.

-Jay S.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A teamwork project should be keeping a folder of several recent backups (five by default) try looking there. Otherwise you can open a recent PLC and save it as a solo project. (You are saving local copies aren't you?)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you know how it feels when your Boss left you in charge of the office then something goes wrong like a major teamwork file crashes that your team has been working on for 6-7 months and you do not know how to recover the file and everytime you try to aign in it reads:

sign out process by (user)
Started at: time & date
(trying to access project until you press cancel)

well Thanks to the ArchiCAD Forum and the Jedi Master himself "Matthew Lohden you are a TRUE JEDI MASTER ... thank you... may the FORCE BE WITH YOU.