Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trying to unlink a single module

tsturm
Newcomer
I have a project, call it a hotel, wtih four types of modules for the four different types of rooms.

I find out today that I need to make a fifth. This fifth is a lot like the third unit. But this fifth will only be used once so I am not sure bout making it a module and referencing it.

How can I copy and break a single reference of a module? My project already has fifteen references of each type of module. I want to make changes to a single unit. I have done this before where I am breaking the link of the module but not for all the references of all the other modules. The process before was like selecting the module. shutting off all the groups, copying and pasting.

I did this using the Mac version. Now I am on a PC. Am I crazy? This can be done can't it?

THX
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
3 REPLIES 3
Aussie John
Newcomer
select the module ( make sure grouping is not suspended) the go to the module settings and check the box to break selection from the module- you will then be able to edit that independently

i am not at my CAD computer so i am not sure the exact menu reference
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
tsturm
Newcomer
Dear John

I do not want to break all the references of the module. Just one of them. I want to alter one reference of the module.

I have this module referenced into the project at least fifteen times.

If I use your method, does this mean that ALL the references are broken, or just the one that I have selected?

I know this is possible as I have done it before using my MAC version.

THX
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Aussie John
Newcomer
when you select one of the modules the pull down menu description changes - something like module manager>>>module settings and the resultant dialogue is different. check the box at the bottom will only unlink that one module- all your others will still be linked. You can then update your mouule or leave as a different version or save a new module from your selection.

Dont forget to unsuspend grouping
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]