Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Visible parts of stairs between floors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a problem with my stair.

The stair is covering 2 stories, the image is showing the top floor. I need to remove the visible part in the red zone from the picture. Is there no way to explode the object or cut it?

The green area is my slab on the top floor and i made the stair from the original stair tool.

Stair_problem.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Arnar:

One option is to add the Cover Fill to the Slab, then adjust the Display Order so the Stair is under the Slab. Another option is to add a Fill over the part of the Stair you want to hide.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
why on earth is this the solution? putting a mask on the floor?? Why isn't a floor a solid object in plan? I don't want to see the stair under my slab, and I don't want to start masking in a drawing. Stairs don't show through walls, so why through slabs??
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Select the slab and give it a cover fill with white background under floor plan display, or alternatively give your stair a breakline in the floor plan display settings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
As I mentioned in another post just the other day the plan view you see is not a true top down view of the 3D model.
It is a symbolic representation of the extent of your elements (and of course objects have there own 2D script that tells them how to appear).
That is why you SEO for the shafts you mentioned in another post will not show in plan.

By default the representation of a slab in plan has no fill but you can turn the cover fill on if needed.
On or off by default you will never have the perfect solution.
You might want it on for floor slabs as in your case but off for ceiling slabs or bench tops.

Otherwise there may be a parameter in you stair object (depending on what object it is) that will allow you to hide a certain number of top treads from the home storey and a certain number of tread from the bottom in the storey above.
So then when you place it in its home storey and set it to show one storey up as well you can control the number of treads on each floor.

And I know - "that's not how Revit does it!"
Actually I don't know as I have never used Revit.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, thanks. Getting used to reboot my logic into archicad logic every morning..
you should try...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a bit of advice. When you start stacking stuff visually, bringing them up or sending them down in the stack, I advise you sink stuff you want to be on the bottom first before you bring stuff forward. This helps in a couple of ways.

First, it might solve the problem without brining anything forward. Second, instead what is desired to be on top being moved forward from the default position, now the desired stuff on top will start in the default position with the objects to be covered will move down from the default position instead.

This strategy really helped me alleviate running my objects to the top of the stack and getting top of stack errors.
nitizz
Booster
Is the problem solved in AC19?
I cant hide the visible steps under slab
Otherwise I need to add a breakline & show only the upper part in 2D above home story option
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
There is no 'problem'.

Give your slab a cover fill with a white or 'window background' pen as background pen and make sure your stairs are below the slab in drawing order. That way the part you want to be hidden, is hidden by the slab.

Breaklines should also be a good way of communicating floorplan, I would say. Depending on your drawing standards, have one around 1.500 mm above the level of your floor plan for the home story.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5