Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Visual Feeback (live preview?) disabled- a bug?

Chris Hough
Booster

Ok, I had posted about this last year, but honestly I'm going 100 mph with my hair on fire. I'd have thought someone else would have caught this by now, but it's actually gotten worse on the Silicon Macs. Maybe it's just us?
We are still using 26 ( I won't rant about how impractical it is for a small office to do yearly updates- hopefully we can jump onto the 28 bandwagon, once the 1st patch is out.... )
Anyways-
So I am running a 2023 M3 MacBook Pro, Sonoma 14.3, and the Apple Silicon version of Archicad 26, Update 7005.
The issue is that (what I am calling "visual feedback") is disabled when you go to say edit a side of a polygon (doesn't matter if it's fill, polyline, slab or area- whatever- same issue regardless). You click on an edge, and the screen stays static- oh, you can move the mouse, and the pop up palette shows, but nothing on the selected element moves.
To get the "feedback" (preview?) of the action you are taking you have to select a different action (say "add a node" instead of move a side) then go back to that original action, and- voila! The 2d screen now shows the preview of the action.
Conversely, we have also found that clicking on an inactive portion of the info box will also cause the active feedback to start working.
Since I am probably using the wrong terminology, I am attaching a video that shows this sequence, where I try to edit a polygon with no preview, until I change methods and then back, and THEN the preview works. Same thing a couple of different ways. Hopefully this helps illustrate the problem and someone can help me resolve this EXTREMELY frustrating issue we have been putting up with for over a year.

Thoughts? Questions?
Thanks!

Owner, Heritage Design Studio
AC 4.5-26
Maco OS Monterey | 2.4 Ghz i9 | 32Gb | AMD RX 6800 XT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chris Hough
Booster

So I might have jumped the gun on this slightly. I had thought that update 7005 was applied to this computer newer M3 Mac, but it turns out is was still in fact an older build of Archicad 26. Once I installed the update to 7005, it DID resolve the error.
My bad and my apologies...

AC 4.5-26

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Chris Hough
Booster

So I might have jumped the gun on this slightly. I had thought that update 7005 was applied to this computer newer M3 Mac, but it turns out is was still in fact an older build of Archicad 26. Once I installed the update to 7005, it DID resolve the error.
My bad and my apologies...

AC 4.5-26

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!