Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Skins not Cutting Right

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting this behavior and I can't figure out how to stop it. It's the same wall but it won't cut the skin and form a 3 or 4-way intersection. Any help would be really appreciated.

walls.jpg
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Is the priority number for the layer that the walls are in set to zero (0) by any chance?
If set to zero then the walls will not trim.

Otherwise can you turn you wall reference lines on and show another screen shot.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the reference lines. There is also a set a walls intersecting and you can see it should cut and heal 4-way.
Anonymous
Not applicable
And my intersect groups are set to 1. These are my interior wall layers with the layer this wall is sitting on. You can see the grouping #'s in the pic.
intersect group.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
And the wall priority is set to 8.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
zeropointreference wrote:
And the wall priority is set to 8.
In the Wall settings you need to check "Enable Skin Priority".
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, it couldn't be the obvious check box underneath, now could it? Thanks, sometimes my eyes are the best at hiding the obvious for me.

And for posterity sake for anyone who is searching for this solution one thing I should add is the skin priority number for the outer sheathing in the composites settings needs to be a lower number than the core material so the core material can cut through the sheathing. I just ran into this as I was going though my composites (this was an old job and had long fixed all of this in my templates).

Thanks again.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
zeropointreference wrote:
...Thanks again.
You're welcome and when you move to AC17, then this priority number resides in the new Building Material - and not in the Composites/Profiles and there is no sneaky checkbox in the tool settings.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager