BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Weird roof intersection after executing solid element operation

Howen Chang
Contributor

Hi guys,

I happens to have some weird intersection in the section after executed the solid element operation for the dormer roof, the roof sheeting material (metal) is penetrating the timber material. 

11.PNG

I've checked the priority for the materials but they seems all fine (timber is 660 and roof sheeting is 600) 

Merge elements doesn't help as well, just creating even more awkward intersection....

Is there any solution that I can fix this?

appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

This is how you adjust the ridge's incline.

StefanVidenov_0-1682071832309.png

And this is how I think you should adjust them. The ridge should lie on the bisector of the two edges and this depends on the incline of the roofs.

StefanVidenov_1-1682072003642.png

Please let me know where exactly you are finding problems.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Stefan Videnov
Booster

Roofs don't intersect from what I know. In order to solve this you'd have to adjust the incline of the ridges on both roofs by clicking on the green contour of the roof where the roof is cut. Maybe somebody else might give a better solution.

Not sure how to do that exactly but thanks for the reply 🙂

Solution

This is how you adjust the ridge's incline.

StefanVidenov_0-1682071832309.png

And this is how I think you should adjust them. The ridge should lie on the bisector of the two edges and this depends on the incline of the roofs.

StefanVidenov_1-1682072003642.png

Please let me know where exactly you are finding problems.

Thanks Stefan,

I've tried that and it works, just a bit annoying that I need to create multiple roof sections to adjust for different extension lengths.

Hi Howen,

I just remembered that there is another way better solution. Try this, I hope it works for you:

StefanVidenov_0-1682330229685.png

Check this for more info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOZR--bT31I&ab_channel=ARCHICAD

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm#t=_AC26_Help%2F040_ElementsVB%2F040_ElementsVB-270.h...

Kind regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Yes I've check that out in the beginning and it creates even more chaotic intersection. but the way you demonstrate in the previous response is working for me now. Thanks!

Learn and get certified!