Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

When is Archicad 16 coming out ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know I am only starting out with archiad, but it seems a little shocking how much users have to fight the software to create organic shapes, sorry usable organic shapes.

I cant really understand it. So many other software companies have made this organic creation their bread and butter business but try to create something vers organic in archicad, you will soon start pulling your teeth out.

I just cant believe it really.
A big software company and product that so many architects use and if i was just building apartment layouts every day or a nice 2 stoey garage, then i would be a happy camper, but my bosses want wild and modern shapes and form, walls and roofs flowing like melting cheese over the roof.
and the only tool i have is archicad.

so when is this being done with archicad ?

Thanks.
Ian
37 REPLIES 37
Wow.
You guys are such geeks.

Blade Runner references.

Not that that's a bad thing (in fact it's a very good thing)...

Blade runner was a pretty big pop-culture touchstone back when I was in Architecture school (despite the fact that they got so many things about the future wrong).

They just don't make movies like that anymore.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne wrote:
Wow.

Blade runner was a pretty big pop-culture touchstone back when I was in Architecture school (despite the fact that they got so many things about the future wrong).
...you don't live in my suburb
Rlcosta wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
Wow.

...you don't live in my suburb
Well, our suburbs here, we're almost in that future in one sense.....

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/04/the-flying-cars-are-coming-to-the-new-york-auto-show/

Now if we can only get the goth Emo-Androids thing going......
TMA_80
Enthusiast
This could also be:

" a bug in the matrix"
AC12_27 |Win11_64bit|
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
So it's official Archicad 16 is announced?After reading the brochure, it looks like the Morph tool, integrating Ecodesigner into the standard program, and some 3D editing upgrades are the main improvements (IMO).

I don't know if this is enough, frankly, to convince us to upgrade the whole office just yet. Now, maybe if the stair tool got completely revamped and they added cover fills for beams, I may change my mind.

But seriously, Graphisoft, if you're listening, you really should work on some of the long standing wishes that the faithful users have been asking for years.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just cant believe how simple and small thing
as a cover fill for beams is still missing?

Yes, morph is cool, and ecodesigner is now built in but
why do we have beam tool at all if it cant be displayed right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this mean that AC16 is now "Sculpturetechture" with the new Morph tool?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
But seriously, Graphisoft, if you're listening, you really should work on some of the long standing wishes that the faithful users have been asking for years.
Hear hear!
aahatimo
Newcomer
I really hope libraries have greatly improved, finally!
So when will we hear from the beta team?
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]