BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows - Brick Rowlock Material/Surface - Please Help!

Billy Earnest
Participant
I am trying to use the brick sills that are included in the "Window" function.
The materials won't cooperate. See the image. The on on the left is 04 Stack Bond, the middle is 04 Soldier Bond (which is what I would have thought would work), & the right is my own version of Soldier which is rotated 90 degrees. simply need to lose the horizontal joints there. I've tried everything I can think of, & it's driving me crazy to not be able to do this very basic thing.
Does anyone have a solution or trick for me? A new bitmap perhaps? My next thought is to copy/modify the bitmap for the texture, but those seem to be buried in seven layers of hell. Does someone have one they can send me?
Any help is much appreciated.
Billy Earnest
ArchiCAD 18 Mac
iMac & MacBook Pro
5 REPLIES 5
alemanda
Advocate
Unfortunately texture mapping is not possible with objects (GS, please let it be possible in the near future!).
The only workaround is to have a new texture of bricks made of only vertical joints.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Billy Earnest
Participant
Thanks for the info, but how do I do this? The texture bitmaps seem so deeply embedded in the file structure, then inside an .icf file. I would have already done it if I could have figured out where to do it. It shouldn't be this hard. Do you have one you will share? Thanks.
iMac & MacBook Pro
alemanda
Advocate
You can extract .lcf library file into folder, work on the selected texture with a photo editor and load into library again.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Billy Earnest
Participant
I assumed as much, just haven't figured that out yet. Seems like a whole lot of trouble for something very basis. Thanks.
iMac & MacBook Pro
alemanda
Advocate
Yes. AC is a great software. The greatest. Unfortunately sometime some operations result a little bit complicated.
I think many library parts Would need a revision in order to avoid this "simple" problems that make us lose precious time.
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!