cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Work Environment settings do not stick

ksjhawk
Enthusiast
if someone has an answer, I'd keep some sanity...

Regardless of how often I save and redefine my Work Environment, there are settings which do not keep and I have to change everyday. I use them often enough, that it annoys me.

1. The "Divisions" number in the control box always reverts to 3, I want 4 so I can always see the center tick mark. Why won't 4 stay?

2. I have a Ph1 and Ph2 folders for two separate sets of drawings in the views window in my Navigator. I am now working on Ph2, but the Ph1 folders open up and the Ph2 are collapsed. I expand the Ph2 and collapse the Ph1 everyday, but the next morning, its right back. Anyone know what controls this?

Again, I've tried getting it the way I want and redefining every work environment subset with no luck. I think there are other oddities similar to this, but cannot recall them at the moment.

Any thoughts?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max 64GB ram
OS X 13.6.7
AC28 - AC6.5
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Hi,

The 'divisions' number is not part of the Work Environment, but part of the project file. (Many settings are part of the PLN - which means that to have them be what you want as a default, you need to create your own project template. For existing projects, you'll have to modify these other settings manually.)

The folder visibility should be saved when you save your PLN. If you're working with Teamwork, then I'm not sure... Has nothing to do with the WE.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB