Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

archicad interface

Rakela Raul
Participant
any suggestions to make interface even thinner?? or something obvious that im not using?? or anybody using a simpler inteface??

rak_inter.jpg
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
any suggestions to make interface even thinner?? or something obvious that im not using?? or anybody using a simpler inteface??

OK... this is one of my favorite ways to show the real power of Archicad.

If you click on the Full Screen button (see oval in picture attached), you will get the most minimal way you can view ArchiCAD (thank you, Akos, for this feature).

I have shown it with the Favorites Pallet included in the view (it didn't get there by accident; see this thread http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=30182#30182 ; it's the Tip of the Month ( http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/TiponManagingFavorites.html )) .

I have set keyboard shortcuts for 1. bringing up the Favorites pallet, 2. Calling up the View Editor 3. Merging modules or DXF/DWG's

Basically with the view I have shown, if you have ArchiCAD set up right, you could complete any building or set of construction documents you could imagine. As a matter of fact, this is what I call "making the computer disappear"... dealing with the computer becomes just kind of like switching from a .07 pencil to a .05 pencil... you don't even really have to think about it!

The menu is still available in the rare event you might need it and all your tools and dialogue boxes are available through Favorites and the ability to ALT/Option click on placed elements.

Lots of times I see discussions about ArchiCAD's interface. Maybe it's time for a book on "Zen and the Art of ArchiCAD". The view in the picture (below the words "Clicking on Full Screen gives you this...") is all you need .

woodster
Rakela Raul
Participant
you have no idea how much im enjoyng ur response wdster...i need to get back to it....i can tell you that i discovered no long ago the automated title to the attachmnts placed in sheets in pm...and it is really a very good thing to have....specially for the 'details movers' like me, im beyond sure that im missing the 'favorites' thing..among....thx bb
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Rakela Raul
Participant
im already using the the 'full screen' toggle...i have been missing something i really like....and your tip of the month woodster i couldnt follow 2 well so im on page 375 rt now, cuz thats a great thing to have and i will use it....thx again..and bb
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
__archiben
Booster
execpt there is no 'full screen' toggle for mac users and never has been . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rakela Raul
Participant
yes, the 'favorite' tip of the month from woodster is good stuff, im already getting there...thx a lot woodster for ur good tips.......regarding the keyboard tips....ihave always been a left handed static keybd person.......sorry about the mac users for the full screen toggle
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
execpt there is no 'full screen' toggle for mac users and never has been . . .
Unfortunately true. Maybe could be overcome if there were a toggle for Pallet Schemes (other than having to open the whole Work Environment dialogue box.

woodster