cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

attach railing to bridge ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello i would like to ask question if i have bridge or sloped curve how i can attach this rail(object in archicad library)
in the image with the revolving bridge please help

Capture.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ahmed,

I would create a custom railing using columns for the posts and walls or beams for the hand rail. Place the columns as you wish along the sides of the sloped ramp and use the gravity tool (see attached) so that each column will fall to the surface of the ramp. Gravity tool will only work on slabs, roofs and meshes though, so your bridge will need to be created with one of these tools for this method to work.

Then using the elevation, as a reference of what you have created so far, create a profile for the hand rail that will sit atop the posts. I would use the wall tool as it will heal better where the curvature of the rail is more intense.

Here is a great article by LaszloNagy on the ArchiCAD Wiki that explains how to use a beam or the curved ramp tool to make a curved beam (in this case, a spiral): http://www.archicadwiki.com/SpiralBeam.

HTH

Nicholas Cornia
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ahmed,

Or if the slope is no too great as I have just noticed in your picture you could use the gravity feature to place the railing on the slope and then adjust the inclination angle in the object settings under Parameters>General Dimensions>Inclination Angle.

You will need to adjust the inclination angle because the gravitate feature will not put the object on the angle of the slope below, it will only place the insertion point against the surface of the slope and leave the rest of the object horizontal. So initially you may have one end on the slope as desired and the rest jutting out in to space or into the slope itself until you adjust the inclination angle.
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia,
thanks very much you are always in the frontal help wish you the best
My reagards
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ahmed,

Always happy to help. Helping you helps me to learn as well.

By the way if you ever come to Utah for skiing, hiking or the Sundance Film Festival, make sure to let me know so you can buy me lunch. 😉
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia
Never minding lunch if i attending there that is for sure