Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cutting planes, people and presentations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a couple of probably silly questions, but questions that I would REALLY love some help on, before submitting my assignment on Monday.

The first is about 3d cutting planes. I am wanting to do a sectional perspective of my theatre, but when I use the marquee tool, it will only display objects in 3d that are on that story level, so I decided to use 3d cutting planes. I used the cutting plan, viewed it, and decided on a different view. So I went in to try and change it, but when I go in to the 'elements in 3d view' menu, 3d cutting planes is greyed out and I can't change it... what could the problem be there?

Second question is about 2d people to put in sections. There's not a very good selection in the standard libraries and am in a bit of a rush, so I was hoping that if anyone would like to share with me any that they may have that they think would be useful in a theatre/gallery, that would be EXCELLENT. (One walking up stairs might be good, as well as others!!!)

Third question is regarding putting my plans, sections etc into a powerpoint presentation. Does anyone know of the best way to put them into a powerpoint so that the image quality still remains decent? I have been saving as pdf and then putting them in, but I'm not sure if that's the best way. It's also a bit annoying sometimes.

Sorry for the shroud of questions... submission time is stressful when you don't know any cad experts!

Many thanks for any help at all!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Regarding the marquee tool, you have the option to use it and show either the elements on the current floor or the elements of all floors.
From what you are saying I understand that you are working with the first option and want to use the second option.
In you plan view with the marquee tool selected look at the floating window that shows construction ways (mine is at bottom of your screen). It is the same palette that you use to declare if a wall is straight or round.
There you will find a button that shows the marquee either bold or not. The bold marquee is what you are after. Use the F5 to refresh you view.(?)