Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

elevation tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problems here. AC11 has been stable for me (including beta). Is it crashing only with elevations? Or do sections and 3D views crash as well? If the latter I would suspect a problem in the model. If it's only in elevation and not section then I would suspect a bug in the new feature except that I haven't heard any other reports of this.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
tigger wrote:
oh and it doesn't happen with every elevation. Just my over building elevations.
I assume you mean overall elevations and sections. Is there any difference in the settings (like "Vectorial 3D Hatching" etc.) or are they just larger?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like the difference is down to size, unless there is some particular part of the building that is hanging things up. I suppose it's also possible that particular elevations have become corrupted (though I have never seen this). You could try drawing new elevations to match the problem ones.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Probably completely unrelated. But we're having a lot of crashes when editing an elevation or a section marker - for example, once it's placed, going back in and changing text size/pen colour/anything.
Bruce
Advisor
I once had similar trouble that almost drove me to writing a "Dear John" letter.

On a fairly complicated model I managed to narrow it down to one wall - replaced the wall and voila! No more hassles.

Of course, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but what am I gonna do?
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Rick Thompson
Expert
Bruce wrote:
I once had similar trouble that almost drove me to writing a "Dear John" letter.

On a fairly complicated model I managed to narrow it down to one wall - replaced the wall and voila! No more hassles.

Of course, it shouldn't have happened in the first place, but what am I gonna do?
Same here, and I posted it earlier somewhere.. well, here
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=17072&highlight=

So, it sounds very similar and inconsistent. I deleted the wall and put it right back and it was ok then.

Is your issue resolved when turning vector hatching off? Do you have it on?

So, regenerating the elevation doesn't resolve it. I had to generate portions of the building until I isolated what turned out to be one wall, then delete it and replace it new.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Dennis Lee
Booster
Ok, here is what I found out w/ a very similar problem.
When I double click on an elevation view from the view map, ArchiCAD would crash every single time, and I tried deleting one by one, the whole darn model!

After about 20 crashes, I think I found the problem for me. There was a similar issue about this actually some time ago, but anyways,

MAKE SURE YOUR GRID ELEMENT LAYER IS ON AND UNLOCKED!
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
- What is the Grid Element Layer?
Dennis Lee
Booster
The layer that your GRID ELEMENT is on...you know, the add-on for structural grids. I've found that whenever the GRID ELEMENT's layer was either off of locked, there were problems.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9