Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

has the ArchiCAD transfer fee increased?

Chazz
Enthusiast
It seems to me that the USA transfer fee that GS charged to upgrade a copy of AC when purchased secondhand used to be about $200. This post http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19740 makes me think it has increase rather dramatically. If true, this represents a significant erosion of the equity one has in the software. Anyone have any experience with this?
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
20 REPLIES 20
We bought a "used" copy of AC9 a couple of months ago, and the license transfer fee was $475. (The upgrade from AC9 to AC11 was $1095, which actually make the "used" AC9 copy more expensive than a new AC11 license.)

EDIT: We purchased the AC9 key for around $3000, so the total price was $4570 or > $4250.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Karl Ottenstein
I have a license for 11 for sale at the moment...
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=19631

and was told by my reseller that the fee is $475/seat. I'm pretty sure I paid $395 to transfer a license 7 years ago, so the increase isn't significant.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Laura wrote:
The upgrade from AC9 to AC11 was $1095, which actually make the "used" AC9 copy more expensive than a new AC11 license.

What do you pay for a new AC11 license??
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
Thomas wrote:
Laura wrote:
The upgrade from AC9 to AC11 was $1095, which actually make the "used" AC9 copy more expensive than a new AC11 license.

What do you pay for a new AC11 license??
I think $4250.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I think $4250.
DOH? For a single license? It's not nearby what we pay here in north Europe.
Anonymous
Not applicable
why should it cost anything at all.

From an Admin point of view it only takes a couple of seconds to add a name to a database.

I think it is a way to encourge customers to buy new from GS rather than put to use unused second hand dongles. Come on GS - you should encourage recycling
Chazz
Enthusiast
I think this proves that the original poster of this thread is suffering delusions and has lost his mind. He could have sworn his reseller said, only a few years ago, "about $200". Not surprising, really, the poor sod can scarcely remember the name of his children and sometimes calls them by the dog's name. Pity him and please, post no more proof of his failing grasp on reality.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
TomWaltz
Participant
TurboGlider wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
I think $4250.
DOH? For a single license? It's not nearby what we pay here in north Europe.
Yep, that's $4250 USD per license, plus the annual subscription fee of $695.
Tom Waltz
Thomas Holm
Booster
Chazz wrote:
I think this proves that the original poster of this thread is suffering delusions and has lost his mind. He could have sword his reseller said, only a few years ago, "about $200". Not surprising, really, the poor sod can scarcely remember the name of his children and sometimes calls them by the dog's name. Pity him and please, post no more proof of his failing grasp on reality.
He's still got his sense of humor though. But isn't it a little harsh to sword your reseller, just because the US dollar is losing its value?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1