Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

incline road

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi could you tell me how i can fix an incline road from the main entrance to the house?
THANKS in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
roof tool or mesh tool.

Do you have a site mesh yet?

You can duplicate the site mesh, change it to asphalt, drop it 100 mm and cut out the roadway with a Solid Element Operation slab command.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or if you do not want to deal with SEO objects, duplicate, => change to asphalt =>mesh to roof transformation with thickness 100 mm.The "roof" is automatically on top of the mesh. If needed, move both vertically. You can even get a fully accurate section using a composite "roof"
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
And yet again, if you want the road to FOLLOW the changes (subsequent editting) of the overall mesh itself, then you'll need to...
1. Draw terrain mesh including the contours that define the road.
2. Add a slab that matches the road outline
3. INTERSECT the road (target) with the Mesh (operator) using solid element operations
4. SUBTRACT the road (operator) from the Mesh (target) using solid element operator.

Of course you'll want to make sure you DID NOT inherit operators materials while performing the SEO's.

Sometimes it is necessary to duplicate the road slab with a dummy slab matching the outline of the road to do the SUBTRACTING on the mesh.

It's easier than it sound and now each time you edit the mesh, the road will follow.

BTW... Are we even answering the question? I am not at all sure what FIX AN INCLINE ROAD means...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop