cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

joining 2 round sections together

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i have problems with joining 2 round sections together..for example 2 sections are positioned in 2 directions (they have 2 different angles) and in section settings i can modify only one angle (top OR side view) so i can not join them together.. please look a picture.

Thank you

[/img]
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello it is me again,

i managed to create perfect stairs with round beams, but now i need help again. I want to draw one separate part of this curve to cut it properly and weld. Now how can i do that? when i put one part of the beam out the join betweent them changes. I must draw it like that, first angle of cut, then pipe is rotated for some angle and then cut again...

please advice...

thanks!

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
princ wrote:
i managed to create perfect stairs with round beams, but now i need help again. I want to draw one separate part of this curve to cut it properly and weld. Now how can i do that? when i put one part of the beam out the join betweent them changes. I must draw it like that, first angle of cut, then pipe is rotated for some angle and then cut again...
Take a look at http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html">OBJECTiVE[url] - it could help you in many ways for this kind of modelling. You have tools to not only create profiled objects, but to freely rotate, cut, bend, and offset them. It also provides tools move complex assemblies into different working planes, so you could lie part of your pipe assembly flat to model the junctions between segments and then restore the entire assembly to its original position.

I've attached an example image. These components were modelled entirely in ArchiCAD with OBJECTiVE to manufacturing quality (the parts were cut from the ArchiCAD model). Each part can be moved out of the assembly and freely reorientated for detailing if necessary. I can provide more instructions if fell this may be applicable to your design problem.
Assembly.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,

can you just breafley explain to me how can i do this? In library i see lots of sections with attributes.. I just pick them and with them I make my stairs? Will the joints between sections create automaticly? I picked ur regular profile.gsm
from library, but they do not attach automatecly.. Please just explain to me how can i Join 2 hollow tubes diameter of 120mm.. than i will know how to do it...

thanks!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
princ wrote:
Please just explain to me how can i Join 2 hollow tubes diameter of 120mm.. than i will know how to do it...
If you want a hollow tube, I suggest using the Circular Hollow steel object bundled with OBJECTiVE. Set the diameter to 120mm, place them as required. View them in plan or elevation and (referring to the attached image) do the following:
  • 1. Select the objects to be connected and click the the menu OBJECTiVE > Tools > Split. Trace a line where you want to cut the profiles.

2. Select the offcut pieces and delete them.

3. The result in 3D.

4. The profiles can be cut any number of times from any direction (as required). This is an example of a number of pieces connected in this way for rain water collection.
If a plan or elevation view still doesn't provide a suitable orientation for cutting the objects, you can use OBJECTiVE's Assembly tools to reorientate the objects, complete the detailing, and have send them back to their original orientation (there's more detail on this in the reference manual).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems