cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

joining 2 round sections together

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i have problems with joining 2 round sections together..for example 2 sections are positioned in 2 directions (they have 2 different angles) and in section settings i can modify only one angle (top OR side view) so i can not join them together.. please look a picture.

Thank you

[/img]
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Use object "Tube Multi.gsm" (author is Olivier Dentan).
Download the zip file.
or
2. Use Spiral14 in Basic Shapes.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
The MEP add-on should be used to achieve the desired results the easiest.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cadmage have a product called 3d profiler. Extrudes a profile in 3 d and you can have curved bends if you wish
Anonymous
Not applicable
i forgot to mention that i need every specific section of its own because we will make this for a stairs.. so which of all this suggestions would do that job?

thanks.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Please see this article:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/SpiralBeam

But use a custom profile of a circle (extruded to a cylinder) as the beam.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scott: thank you very much this is perfect, exept for one thing: how can i look part by part? I hope that u will understand me:) if i "pull out" one of the section it is not glued to other beams and it transfomers a bit. When the beam is attached it shows correctley. I need to give exact drawings to the men which will cut and weld this sections...

thanks!
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Princ, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if when something does not look correct due to its natural geometry related to intersecting other elements, the element in question can be modified using the Solid Elements Operation feature, with the operator placed on a hidden layer.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,

i tried that but nothing happend.. i want that every single element of my spiral is "as is" in that spiral, which means if for example i delete one tube, upper and lowwer tube cuts in vertical axis. This does not help me, because we must cut this segments and weld them together. i tried SEO operations but the problem is still there..

thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In this example I use object Spiral14 + Multiply....
Spiral14.jpg