cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

labels showing object specific data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I am trying to get labels to show object specific data. My example is related to the french object library but should apply to any:

The object "Poubelle 02 20" (it's a garbage container) is very handy as it contains predefined standard sizes according to standard volumes. As I place those objects on the plan, I use different sizes, appropriate to the project's housing capacity. Now, I would like to have labels showing for each container it's defined capacity.

I know a way:
Through the property manager, I can create a new property that can then be filled in for each object. Then a label can show that info.
This solution is not viable. It makes it necessary to fill in the property twice (our time is more precious than that) but most importantly, it allows one to have, say, a 250l container with a 500l label on it (a mistake we cannot allow ourselves to make).

So, to make myself clear. I need better control over the type of property showed by a label. Said in another way: if an object has a built in property, I need a label that can show it.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
If you use this object regularly then why not have someone with GDL knowledge add a TEXT2 label to the object code so it displays the selected volume?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good point... but GDL is a bit too "under the hood" for my team and I.