Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

master pages and walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Two things please:
1. Can I have info automatically entered on my master layout pages, as in the '#Drawing Name' field. Can I put the file name and date in like this?

2. Is it possible for AC to tell me the total surface area of my walls? Even better, can it split it into exterior and interior areas?

Many thanks,
H
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Henry wrote:
Hi,

Two things please:
1. Can I have info automatically entered on my master layout pages, as in the '#Drawing Name' field. Can I put the file name and date in like this?

2. Is it possible for AC to tell me the total surface area of my walls? Even better, can it split it into exterior and interior areas?

Many thanks,
H
1. Yes, Assuming you are working in 10, go the master layout, start a text file and then click the autotext button in the text dialogue. This contains all the available autotext fields.

2. Yes, but you need to setup zones. If you use zones throughout the entire building you can get all types of areas/volumns/units listed. This is a complex topic and not something that can be explained on the forum easily, better to take a look at the manual under schedules and zones.

A quick (although limited and clunky) way, is to select all the walls and select Wall Surface from Documents/Schedules and Lists/Elements Lists/More Element Lists/...