Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mouse constraints, other 'tough to find' options...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I searched for this topic, so I apologize if it's already out there. I am curious if anyone else has experienced the inability to mirror about a 45 using the mouse constraints. I searched for the option or preference to make it so, but to no avail.

Also, it would be great to know if one can option for the original item to remain selected following a "move" type of command. It appears as though the option or preference has moved, or perhaps been purged.

Cheers,

Vito
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should be able to mirror about 45 degrees just fine. What are you trying to mirror and what problems are you having?

As for the selection, it changed recently to keep the newly created items selected. There's no way to change it AFAIR. You could try grouping or selections - ughhh.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,

It is rather strange, but when one tries to lead the cursor to a 45, then press shift, the cursor jumps to a 90 degree increment. It never hits the 45, or any other angle, dispite the settings in the mouse constraints. Can't really make sense of this one - but it is only applicable to the MIRROR command.

I guess that I should mention that we have programmed our hot keys office wide to be the opposite of the default - because 90% of the time, we are mirroring copies. I can't imagine that this would have an effect, but I will test.

As far as the selection thing goes, I think that everyone that I work with has gotten used to being able to have either the original or the copy selected by a rather simple (and by no means elegant) technique. Leave the computer set on ORIGINAL, and if you want the copy selected, then undo-redo.

Thanks,

Vito
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Go to Work Environment, Mouse Constraints and Methods.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I guess you've found that the undo/redo trick selects all involved elements?

Not sure what you mean by 'programmed our hot keys office wide to be the opposite of the default', but I doubt it makes a difference.

It may help to know what you are mirroring when this happens and if you have all the options checked in your mouse constraints settings. Are you working on a skewed grid by any chance?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Undo/redo gives one selection (ALL), copy gives one selection (NEW), and as far as I can tell, there is no means to keep the original. One doesn't realize how frequently a specific command is used until it is taken away. Keeping the original selected has made several commands more challenging. For instance, I often multiply an object to get equal spacing, even though the original will be deleted - and this used to be very simple. Just another challenge...

As far as mirroring goes, I guess that we were missing the new location for mouse constraints - or someone didn't check what the little boxes were actually referring to...

Primarily, we mirror a copy. So we made CMD-M the command for that, and made mirror CMD-SHFT-M. Just reversed the hot keyes for the two commands, to keep the carpal tunnel to a minimum...

Thanks for your help.

Vito