Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Python - Object Model For Archicad

Aurasphere
Expert

Not really sure where to put this...but I realise the Python api has been up for a while...which is great.

I have just started to dig in...I have a fair bit of experience in programming hardware for eg Ableton live controllers etc and MAX Msp...which all have a robust object model/graphic flowchart etc which makes it ridiculously easy to learn ie good solid reference documentation eg like this

https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignettes/live_object_model

I started looking at the docs for Archicad and...for a startup...ah its a bit tough...any ideas where this may be found? I was just trying to manipulate model view options and there seem to be some conflicts in what I have found so far but an object model would put all that to bed 🙂

Cheers

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The Archicad API documentation is available at:

https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Aurasphere
Expert

See below...getting use to this board 🙂

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

Hi Laszlo

Great to hear from you! Been a long while

Im specifically only focused on python and its OM. as mentioned; I do a lot for Ableton Live, Cubase Grasshopper, Photoshop and the like...but have also done a lot of work with Siemens Logo (function block etc) too...which provides an interesting perspective
I was propelled forward by the immediacy of the Live object model especially as it is graphically presented and the flowchart is so hugely beneficial. This is how I have been taught to do projects, so that at an instant, understanding is available to anyone with the overview knowledge (and how to plugin code as you write

I also use Archicad from a manufacturing point of view so eg Model View Options are a detail toggle when users are physically modelling the project so that the deeper level of details; guidelines, options etc appear.

My first simple project was to have a keyboard shortcut that (momentarily) toggles from the active Model View to the named 'Draft/Model' view and back to active on key release

I know the HID is out of scope but with eg Live, shortcuts have 4 simple gesture modes and a 'sticky'; in which case a quick click with latch the action on/off but otherwise its just a toggle state.  I currently use an in between handler which converts the gesturing to midi as this is the only standardised control language that can easily handle sophisticated UI that Im hoping to achieve with Archicad (as its lightning it use on eg Live or Cubase and reduces fatigue by transferring the control map to muscle memory)...wihtout an extended control framework...I guess its a moot point...but once tasted, its hard to go back.

The extension of this shortcut, will be to action a zoom to anything selected as the detail information can be quite verbose and is in small text so there is a need to zoom to the 'info area' of an object to read the lowest level of feedback information. This type of idea is present in grasshopper eg Python Component/add/delete inputs/outputs

Cheers

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics