Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

pdf on worksheet is out of scale, skewed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have a pdf floor plan that is too narrow if the length is correct and too short if the width is correct. Do we have the ability to skew pdf's some way?
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Use the Figure Tool instead of the Drawing Tool to place the PDF. See "Scaling" here:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/DifferenceBetweenDrawingAndFigureTools
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Archimamamia wrote:
Have a pdf floor plan that is too narrow if the length is correct and too short if the width is correct. Do we have the ability to skew pdf's some way?
Did you try using stretch (Ctrl-H) rather than resize (Ctrl-K) ?
When you select a Figure there will be a a place to tweak the dimensions in the Info Box. You may need to click on the little chain links if you want to change height and width independently.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Use the Figure Tool instead of the Drawing Tool to place the PDF.
Hi Karl,

Been trying that since I read that article, but putting .pdfs with multiple pages and no images inside have been unsuccessful.

I first placed the figure tool and then opened to locate the PDF the dimensions of the page does not come up. See attached image.

Thanks.
Barry Kelly
The figure tool can't place PDF files on Windows machines - only works on Macs.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
The figure tool can't place PDF files on Windows machines - only works on Macs.
Barry.
awwwww.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can't place PDF's but you can export to image from the PDF into something usable like TIFF, PNG, or JPEG. Well, I suppose that depends on your PDF reader but I this all the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, went and measured the interior of the building to create accurate "as-builts", verify the floor elevations, stairs, windows, etc. Took a lot of pictures and found another problem.

Our stairmaker will not let us use it to show old fire escapes in the "up" position, only down. Does anyone know how to show a fire escape "up"?
ratnabhirud
Contributor
Hello Archimamamia,

Here is the answer for your question.

Go to File - External content - place external drawing,
Then check proper file type i.e. pdf and select - place wherever you want.
You may place it on Plan or on Layout.

It works on both Windows and Mac.

Regards,

Ratna
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB
System - Windows 10 Ultimate, 64 bit

NVEDIA GForce 8400GS

Archicad 9..., 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
ratnabhirud wrote:
Hello Archimamamia,

Here is the answer for your question.

Go to File - External content - place external drawing,
Then check proper file type i.e. pdf and select - place wherever you want.
You may place it on Plan or on Layout.

It works on both Windows and Mac.
No - The original poster wanted to distort a PDF. As discussed earlier on in the thread, this can only be done using the figure tool on a mac. You don't have the option to do this on PC.