Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

plan views

Llian
Advocate
i have been spending hours to understand the plan/storeys views. are there vertical range settings for storeys where you can set up the below and above views of the current storeys or are these settings only for sections?
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
5 REPLIES 5
Llian
Advocate
here's an example. picture shows the stairs between the basement and ground level but it's grey out. how do i set below and above views in dashed lines instead of solid lines?
Lilian Seow
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Llian,

The greyed out part of the image you mention is the trace and reference feature. This can be set to temporarily display any storey or other view in the background for you to reference. It's not really meant to be used for permanently displaying objects from other stories.

To get the stairs to display how you want, set the home storey of the stair to the lowest storey it appears on, then adjust the 'Show on Stories' setting in the 'Floor Plan and Section' tab to cover the floors it will appear on. You will see similar settings in walls and slabs etc. The reference manual will describe how these work more fully.

You may also need to change the 2d symbol to one with a breakline (try 'type 18' to start with), and also fiddle with the breakline visibility.

I've highlighted both settings on the attached image for you.

Hope that helps.
Llian
Advocate
thanks peter. how do you reverse the direction?
Lilian Seow
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you mean the up_down arrow/text it's here.
lec
Stair Arrow_Text.png
Llian
Advocate
this is my findings....i create a new stair but i noticed the tab Stair 2D Symbol, Arrowhead, Batten, Flight and Railing Types Pane doesn't show up. i can't change the handrail. secondly, i don't seem to know where/how to get the stairs to go down and not up. i tried rotate and mirrow ....
Lilian Seow