Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

problem with stairMaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I'm trying to create a pretty simple stair using the "Create Stair Using Selection" command, but no matter what I do I simply cannot get it to work as I expect. I'm losing my hair here

I'm attaching 2 images that show exaclty what is my problem.
I'm trying to create the stair show on the left this image using the fill and lines drawn on the image at the right:

Here is what I'm getting on stairMaker (a step is missing, the landing is longer than it should):

From one floor to the othere there is a distance of 352cm. Which means riser height should be: 16cm for 22 risers, right? But no matter what I do I cannot get the riser height to be 16 and keep the other parameters correct. What am I doing wrong? How can I get the stair to look like the one on the left side of the first image?

Thank you for your help,
Cassiano
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave up using stair builder a long time ago, because of similar problems.

It could just be me not knowing how to use it properly, but i now just use slabs, and when I'm done, group them.

I find it quicker and easier doing that than struggling with stair builder.
Anonymous
Not applicable
try reducing the stair nosing settings?
hth
vistasp
Advisor
Have you tried locking the number of risers at 22 in the Flight Settings?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your support people.

@vistasp: Yes, I have tried that, but it is also a no go
@Craig Worden: But what about the 2D representation? I mean the cutting lines, etc? Do you draw them using 2D shapes?

Best regards,
Cassiano
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes i do, i find it far quicker to do that rather than play with stair builder.

I try to set the slabs to show the correct 2D information I need, and then the cut line just draw in and group with the slabs. you can have all the line types you need in the slab settings.

It's easier than you think, if you have a riser say 270 long by 80 high, just make a slab that size and reproduce it out by however many risers you need, then place a section line through them and put them to the correct height.

It is an old fashioned way of doing it i suppose, and if someone can use stair builder and get the results they want then why not. I personally am not a fan.

Craig