cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Region not found at this point'' error mesh with magic wand

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Please help me solve this problem: I get the error : " region not found at this point " many times when using the magic wand to position mesh elements into spline-contoured shapes. Many thanks. Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
It means ArchiCAD can't find a viable closed polygon at the location that you clicked. It is usually pretty good at this, even finding (and optionally fixing) self-intersecting polygons. It may be that it is having trouble with the spines. If they are overlapping at the edges you could try trimming them to make the intersection points explicit. It would help if you post a picture.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Matthew. It seems that if I divide the shapes into small & simple enough pieces, the magic wand will do the work. I was wondering if there is a faster alternative to this, without reducing the splines' number of nodes.
screenshot.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you inserting multiple mesh elements into separate contour spaces? It is much easier to make a single mesh and use the magic wand to add contours at the splines. These can then be elevated by using the pet palette elevate node tool. In plan this can be set to apply to all nodes of the contour.