Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

radius outside corners

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have exterior bullnose corners on all outside corners of the building. What is the easiest way to achieve this? The exterior is stucco and the radius is approx. 2". Also this will eventually be the case for the interior bullnose corners.

Thanks, Jim
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
the multi-sided wall tool is your answer - it behaves like a fill in terms of nodes and curved edges.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, thats kind of what I figured.

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if this changes the subject should be a new thread, but, lets say I have a recessed window from the exterior and I would like to bullnose the exterior stucco corners of the opening, is this possible for 3D renderings etc?

Thanks, Jim
Dwight
Newcomer
In achieving that retrostucco twenties flapper flavor, you are limited to an SEO:

The attached image shows how it is done, by SEOing the four sides of a slab [matching the window opening size] with a cylinder to make a trimming block.

Saved from the side as an object, this trimming block can be schmoinged into the wall to bullnose the edges of a window opening.

Ba do, ba ding.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
How primitive. Thanks Dwight.

Jim
Aussie John
Newcomer
It can be done in the gdl scripting of the window object. by oversizing the opening and putting in a curved shape.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dwight
Newcomer
It would be great if ArchiCAD could do everything we could think of in just one step, but every aristocrat ArchiCAD user knows, for that, you need a servant.

But you still get credit.

Aussie John's GDL Insertablok® method is limited to solid walls - doesn't work with logs. Not that most of you would care about that - being un-primitive and all.

It would be easy enough to make what I showed in my previous post parametric - then you'd have it all in one object instead of rewriting and debugging several potential window objects....
Dwight Atkinson
Aussie John
Newcomer
Dwight,
Im going to patent the insertablock method. Personally i dont care about logwall construction and in any case Im not sure how a successfully log wall has a curved reveal ( but i'm prepared to be enlighted!!)
Also the insetabblock method does work with composite walls but the scripting is tricky.

The reveal detail we are given by graphisoft is rather weak and each individual window shouldnt have to be scripted to turn-in wall leafs /chamfer and curve reveals/ add headers and sills. They should all be part of the window standard features.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Dwight
Newcomer
I see what you mean - yet another unimplemented feature.....

Of course there is the splayed reveal window opening object that inserts a splayed reveal - worth looking at for scripting hints.
Dwight Atkinson