cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

skylight vs. velux gdl

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I would like to place some skylight multiple windows in my project.
I have tried several possibilities but I always come across some difficulities.

1. Archicad skylight - picture - left .
So that was made from 2 skylights and actually I cannot delete those "walls" in the middle where the join point of these two windows can be found.

2. I have tried to download Velux gdl - picture - right . they have this type of window what I need
But it works only on one side of my roof ( so I mean I cannot mirror the object for my right-side roof)
I have tried to give 135 degrees (original roof is 45 degrees) but than the interior side faces to the sky.

3. I also made just glass from roof with solid element operations...but I want to have a detaild window.

Does anybody knows any solution for this simple window problem?

Thanks for all!

--
archicad 15
windows 15 64bit
6 REPLIES 6
rocorona
Booster
Deselect the first parameter (coating? casing? I don't know how it's called in English) and be sure the "Top" cut-angle of the bottom skylight and the "bottom" cut-angle of the top skylight are set to "perpendicular".

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Yes Krisztina, rocorona's steps are correct.
To take this one step further: Scheduling
Those separate skylight objects will show as separate in your Window/Skylight Schedule which will not be accurate for the contractor on site. So you will need to edit the documentation manually to show them as one unit.

If you are working in ArchiCad 16 this can be avoided and resolved by converting one set of these skulights with the "Convert to Morph" tool in the Design Menu. Ensure that your "Auto Grouping is switched on before you start the conversion for easy selection of all the relevant skylight parts.
The original skylight is now only an empty opening and lists as such in your schedule.

Now with Grouping on select these two converted Skylights and use "Save Selection as" from the "File/Libraries & Objects" menu and select the "Object" Type. You can choose to "Embed" the object in the project file or save it as a file to a folder of your choice (preferably the project folder or the office standard library folder).

You will now need to place the new object from the embedded or loaded office/project library. This object will now represent the unified skylights and will list as one skylight in your schedule.

Remember to edit your scheme settings for the schedule to include that object type and also exclude the empty opening skylight.
Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Krisztina,

we're the developers of the VELUX library. Could you contact with us directly to solve or improve the objects to your problem.

Best regards,
jbArch
Newcomer
Is there a Velux object for the VS or VSE models? These are the ones I use most often on projects — very similar to the archicad "top hung" skylight, but would be good to have the standard Velux sizes. I downloaded the package but it seems to be missing these models.
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
There aren't VS or VSE models. The GHL and GPL models are top-hung skylights in the library. But I'm not sure that these are manufactured in the US.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Is there a model for the FCM, FS and VS skylights?

Thanks,
Tobi