Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

slanted wall ends

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I do a wall like this? I asked prevously but never got a solution. Its imperative I figure this out soon or im going to have to go to another program.

House-Scheme 2- Study.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Aussie John
Newcomer
Simple:
form a roof and either trim the base of the wall to the roof or use the other useful command of solid element operations to subtract the roof shape from the wall
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you are working in 10. As mentioned solid element operations is a method. If this wall is joining a splayed wall, the splayed side of this wall will automatically adjust to the shape indicated and you only need to deal with trimming the wall to the roof.
Anonymous
Not applicable
how can you remove the splayed wall and still retain the angle on the remaining wall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
nevermind i figured that out. i knew this wasnt anything hard. however, is there a way to group the walls together so that they will all move together even when the operand walls are hidden? That way if i need to move the wall i dont have to go through the trouble of making the operands visible and selecting all of them, not to mention its much harder to accurately move the wall if they are all visible.
Anonymous
Not applicable
aggie463 wrote:
is there a way to group the walls together so that they will all move together even when the operand walls are hidden?
Edit menu/grouping (command/control G). Be aware that there is also a feature called suspend groups. You need to make sure this is not activated when moving a group that you want to keep the same relative positions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
perfect....thanks for the help...now for my quest to convince them to make walls editable like slabs and roofs where you can add and subtract with nodes, etc...i know im not the only one who would like that
Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes two of us! Being able to edit the shape of a wall (all six sides would be fantastic) in plan, section, elevation, and/or 3D is pretty important. I know you can get close to this with the pofile tool, but that certainly has its limitations.

To be able to add nodes to the wall edge for editing purposes is key.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i agree completely...that would easily enable FAR more creativity in design, without limitations of profiles, which i have still yet to learn. Things would be so much easier with nodes...maybe we should start a petition...GS seems fairly open to their users input