Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

solid operation problem with stair and wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
There is a big problem with Solid Element Operation related to stair and wall.
I want the wall under the stair to be cut by the stair.
if I use no rail to the stair the operation "extrude with upwards extrusion"
works ok but when I try to use any rail then the Solid operation is gone and the wall is back again to its original form.
I'm using AC11 International and Greek RC6 version with the latest update. the same problem appears to AC10

stair1.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
and tis is without rails
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yia sas,
During a "beta" type testing of AC11, I noticed that stairs and objects in general were not acting properly as operators in a solid elements operation. Although it's working better now, I noticed the same problem.

Kali tiki
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any solution to the problem?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
syber:

One work around would be to use the stair with no rail for the SEO, then put that stair on a layer that is hidden and has its own Layer Intersection Group number (so it does not interfere with other elements), then place the stair with rails on a visible layer for your project.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also use the old school approach and place a roof element on a layer that you will turn off and use the roof as an "operator" to cut the walls with an "upwards extrusion". Turn off the "operator's" layer and the cut remains although the roof is gone. Your stair is a bit more complicated than a straight run, but you should be able to handle the "turn" in the stair by hiding several "operators" within the thickness of the stair. As long as the wall doesn't emerge past the top of the stair, then it should be good enough.

???? ????
Anonymous
Not applicable
I know how I can trick this out but it is not a solution to the bug. what in case you have a lot of different stairs? u have to do the same thing again and again.